Friday, April 07, 2006

Premiership Betting Preview 7/4/2006


I'd like to introduce myself as I am a new contributor to The Soccer Squirrel blog, my name is Gerry the Gambler. You will get to know me over the coming few weeks but right now it's time to get down to business. I'll be providing my expert betting tips for all you punters out there on this weekend's Premiership fixtures.

This weekend's games are very hard to call as they always are after midweek European games. There is also the added difficulty of teams fighting against being relegated. But you have come to the right place as I'm a betting man and I've done quite well for myself (how do you think I could afford this hat).

My banker (that is call the banker, re-mortgage the house and put it all on) is Liverpool to beat Bolton on Sunday. The Reds cannot stop scoring and Bolton's form has dipped at the wrong time of the season.
My Iraqi (don't even think of going near it) would be Charlton vs Everton. Charlton have an FA Cup replay coming up and Everton's recent away form has been poor. It looks like a draw but I'm going to pass on this one.

So here are my tips:
Portsmouth to overcome Blackburn at home (8/5)
Sunderland and Fulham to play out a draw (9/4)
Wigan to draw with the luckless Birmingham (12/5)
Aston Villa to defeat West Brom at home (Evens)
Chelsea to beat West Ham in the London derby (2/7)
Liverpool to beat Bolton (1/2)
Arsenal and Man Utd who both need a win to play out an exciting draw (11/5)

I would advise on leaving alone Middlesbrough v Newcaslte, Tottenham v Man. City and Charlton v Everton.

If you want an exciting bet, place a sixfold from 7 which will cost you $7 for a $1 stake and you will stand to win $1150.

I'll be back on Monday to see how my tips went. Until then happy punting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerry,

I'm typing this from the Commodore 64 computer at the West Durmouth community centre, and I best be quick as my 5 minutes is almost up.

Just wanted to let you know that my family and I are on the street after taking your advice, re-financing the cottage and plunging all we didn't have on Liverpool to win on Sunday.

Little Tommy's infected wound on the back of his head (he was hit by a flying wife-beater can after Bolton scored yesterday, the little blighter was sitting too close to the tv as always) and we don't think he has much fight left in him - especially now that we have been forced to live in a rolled-up newspaper in the abandoned neighbourhood septic tank.

Times are tough, we are hungry, and we ask you and your soccersquirrel friends for help.

Regards,

Harry Omeless.

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good point gerry. i am drunk. still.

5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home